Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Handwritten Past

I miss handwriting.
It used to be fun for me. It used to be one of the biggest joys when I was younger. I felt like an artist holding that pen and scribbling nonsense, making endless vocabulary and structural mistakes.

My handwriting has gone to hell nowadays. I can't even read most of what I've written. Last time I even felt as if I'm barely able to hold a pen correctly. It used to come so naturally to me. We were one, my pen, my paper and I. It was me.

I was Soul-O. I forgot that now. It was about 12 years ago. I was SOUL-O: the romantic young writer with his head in the clouds, dreaming about the day his dreams of a loved one arrives to give him his true freedom to love and express every emotion that he could only write about back then.

I miss that guy. So honest, so fluent and so Soul-O. The man of soul, the solo writer, Mr. O. We forget these magical things that made us unique as we grow older. Maturity and responsibility kill the childlike innocence within us and forces us out of the dream and into this reality of life. But every now and then, we still need our pen and paper, our uniqueness... Our Soul-O.


2 comments:

Mich said...

Love it! I miss my pen too, for different reasons. I always used to dream of owning a thick, round, black and white Mont Blanc!!! But it isn't age that separates us from our pens, it's computers. No more letters, postcards... What next??!! :-)

Beirut Boy said...

Your handwriting aint all that bad :)

I like the fact that u wrote the post on paper before u typed it.Rly creative.

A couple of days ago, I wrote smtg in Arabic on paper and I realized I rly miss writing.

Glad u re-visited ur Soul-O.