Monday, November 07, 2005

Confessions


I confess I was wrong
To confess, it took me so long
I confess that I cared
A lot of moments we shared
I confess I liked some of them
But I hurt much more cause of them
I confess that I stopped caring long ago
But I was so afraid to let go
I confess that I lied
To myself and to people I tied
I should’ve been more honest
Maybe that would’ve been for the best
I should’ve been more direct
To accept the facts and know when to reject
I confess that I was a fool
Knowing how bad I felt but still acted cool
I confess that it all became nothing but a challenge
But against whom? It’s me upon whom I took revenge
I killed my feelings, my heart
My mind and my life. How smart!

I opened up my eyes
I finally faced my lies
I know what I like and what I don’t
I feel like for a long while I was stoned
I faced my fear
Then I faced my dear
I confessed my mistakes
I confessed for my own sake
I charged in head on
I’m not afraid; I know now where I belong
My life is my own
I stand for what I believe in like a stone
No more sorrows, no more sacrifice
At the least, no more fake ties
When I say I love, I feel it
When I say I don’t, I mean it
So get away if I said so
And please come close if I ask so

I’m true. I’m free
I confessed. This is me.

2 comments:

CelloChic said...

I'm gonna need some time on this one. It's conveys something very "knotty." "To myself and the people I tied." There are too many strings attached in this fallen life, eh?

DaFwogg (OmaReina) said...

Hey there Erin,
I guess "attached strings" conveys parts of what I wrote down..
Basically what I'm trying to say here is that sometimes the last person to take notice/admit when it comes to one's mistakes and misconduct against oneself (especially matters tied to others) is the person himself/herself.
The second part however conveys one message: "It's better late then never"
Keep in Touch.