Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ode to Zafer
















These words are dedicated to my cousin Zafer Odaymat who died 2 years ago (10/06/03) in a car accident. He was a great person full of love for life, with a beautfiul smile that never went out.
We love you man. May God rest his soul.

Fear of the unknown
Fear of life
More…
Fear of the tombstone

Riddle me that, riddle me this
What lies down in the abyss?
Riddle me this, riddle me that
What lies tomorrow for a fact?

Fear of falling,
Even…
Fear of flight
What makes wrong wrong
And who’s to say what’s right?

If the sun is up,
Why is there no light?
You gotta fight for your right
In spite of your fright or you might
Be blinded by the light
Lose your sight
And lose your might

You think you’re bright
No…
Look out!! Here comes the bat
Fat little brat
“God, blood he spat”
Open up your eyes, check out the stat

Forget all that,
“Murder she wrote”
Life’s murder, not what you thought
Happiness, a piece of heaven is what you sought
A cadaver is what they brought

“Love is all around” is what I was taught
I need to see again
A lot I do not understand
Where I come from and where I stand
Human being is just another brand
Sold, bought, allowed and then banned

I miss you man…
I really do
We’ll meet again…
Can’t wait till I see you.

3 comments:

CelloChic said...

Who is Zafar?
Your friends have cool names...very non-American; this is good!

DaFwogg (OmaReina) said...

Zafer is the guy in the picture..
He's my cousin whom died 2 years ago..
He's the guy to whom I wrote this post for..
He's my younger friend & brother..
He's the guy whom I'll call my first born son after (when I have children that is :)
He's the guy up in heaven smiling upon us now as he always did..
Read, You'll know who Zafer is.. :)
Keep in touch..

DaFwogg (OmaReina) said...

Never thought that I'll feel this way again..
Yet I feel it strongly today..
R.I.P. Zaza my sister.. I love you!!